Want to help shape the future of Key Biscayne?
Several important meetings, starting Tuesday, February 15, will include your feedback on how the village is proceeding with resilience, adaptation and sustainability plans emanating from public discussions with DPZ CoDesign architects, vision board members, school representatives and other city leaders.
Business sessions are held Tuesday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., with review sessions each evening from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. All meetings will be held in the Town Hall Community Hall and outdoor courtyard surrounding. The closing reception will take place at 3 p.m. on Saturday, February 19. Refreshments will be served.
An overview of the meetings:
- Tuesday, February 15: Community and Management, dealing with parking, mobility, traffic, safety and security, and schools and public education.
- Wednesday, February 16: Future and Policy, dealing with storm surges and sea level rise, protecting beaches, and maintaining and enhancing property values.
- Thursday 17 February: Place and Design, dealing with public spaces and recreation areas, redevelopment opportunities and beach and bay access.
- Friday, February 18: Review draft documents, dealing with the review of design proposals, policy recommendations and management recommendations.
- Saturday February 19: Final presentation at 3 p.m.